Frequently Asked Questions

For answers to any questions concerning City Services please call 509-932-4037

No answers matched your search
Please click titles to expand sections
What are the City Hall Hours?

City Hall is open from Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Closed on most holidays. 

When is the water/sewer/garbage bill due?

The bill is due every 10th of every month.

How do I sign up for a new utility account?

For electricity you would need to call Grant County PUD at 509-766-2505. For water/sewer/garbage you would need to provide ownership or new renter documentation and have an application filled out. 

Why was my water shut-off?

Typically, water meters are shut-off due to non-payment, but you may call the city hall office at 509-932-4037 to verify.

Can I turn off/on my water meter myself?

No, please notify city hall and public works would need to provide that service for liability purposes.

What is the cost of a business license?

The cost is $50, and it would need to be renewed on an annual basis every January. 

What do I need to license my dog?
You would need to provide proof of rabies certification and fill out an animal license application, and it would need to be renewed on an annual basis every January. 
Is it ok to attend a city council meeting?

Yes. All city council meetings are open to the public and are held every 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month. 

Do I need an event permit for special events/parades/etc.?

Yes. Please fill out an event permit application and submit to city hall office at least 45 days prior to event.

I need to make a police report, where do I do that?

Please call the police dept. at 509-932-4112 to make a report.